Monday, October 20, 2008

BIL's Wedding - Part 1 "Lai Peng"

Just to share with you that "lai peng"- biscuit receive from guy side one week before marriage date, can be very delicious. Different dialect will have different style of "lai peng'. For example, "lau hui and muar lau" is for Hokkien, "ka lui peng" is for Cantonese or Teochew. However some of them prefer to give cake as "lai peng".

2nd day of Hari Raya was my BIL "guo lai" date. So he brought back some "lai peng" from his fiancee side and passed me one box of that. Huh...I would said that was the best presentable and most important best taste of "lai peng" that I ever had seen and tasted. Agree with me or not? See below.



I found that this vendor is actually a very famous biscuit/cake maker in Muar. They specialize in making all kind of biscuit for marriage. I'm so impressed of their marketing (especially their investment in packaging design and materials).
If you are interested to order or visit their shop, below is their contact no and address:
Yong Seng Confectionery Sdn. Bhd.
30, Jalan Sayang, 84000 Muar, Johor.
Tel: 06- 9521 362
p/s: don't forget to buy me some if you use to drop by. My friend's hubby said they even have a very good customer service.

2 comments:

Chinneeq said...

no need to go to Muar. now they have one big chain shop in melaka raya too. I always find their mooncake taste better than those famous one in KL. But too bad, they are overly pricey now with the nice packaging as compare to wat we can get here :(

lil' bulb said...

Really? Em... can visit them if go Malacca. Expected higer price due to the nice packaging.