Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Almond London

Still remember I told you that I was busy making my first CNY cookie and will come back to you how was it. I only make cookie (without a "s"), unlike my dear friend Chin Nee http://www.demoments.net/blog/ who is so capable to try baking few types of cookies for CNY.

I don’t know why this year I intended to make cookie for CNY. Maybe it’s because my colleague was making it during her Raya celebration and she kept on mentioning it’s easy to do it. Since it’s the first time she made it and it tasted good, I wishes to challenge my talent as well.

She passed me the recipe and I have asked her many many question about the ingredient and process of making just in case some unusual stuff may happen during the making. Few days before CNY, I found some free time to do the baking without any disturb from my gals.

After spent 5 hours in my small kitchen, finally my Almond London cookies are done. I only managed to make 180pcs. Felt so tired liaw. What a good experience! I packed those cookies into small canisters and gave it to my sisters, my mum and my MIL as a CNY token. Each of them only share small quantity of cookies. Hope they don’t mind.
Before going into oven
After baked and dipped with Choc

I would give myself 78 points for the cookies in term of taste. To me the taste is up to my expectation and delicious. However for the appearance, I only give 70 points. It can be better look if I use normal choc bar instead of imported quality which took longer time to be harden.

3 comments:

sinlee said...

wah..u ppl really can bake ar?? so, y never let us try ur cookies?

lil' bulb said...

Yalah....initially I planned to bring it to CN's house but only left 1 pcs for each of you, macam pai seh. Next year la....k.

Chinneeq said...

wah....nice wor....i also want your recipe!