Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Dream Garden

This is the place I’m dreaming to hop on one day….. Keukenhof Tulips Garden at Amsterdam, Netherlands. Keukenhof in Dutch means ‘kitchen garden’. It is the world’s largest flower garden. There are million of blooming flower bulbs being plant in the park and you could find majority are tulips flower (my favorite).

This garden only open for public from the 4th week of March to Mid May (check the exact date here). However the best timing to view tulips is around mid Apr, weather around that time will be in range of 5-15 degree Celsius. Em…very cooling. Not sure I could stand for it, hopefully I’ll not freeze.

When the day comes, I wish I could bring along a super duper camera to capture all the beautiful and fantastic flowers in the park. I’ve checked the air ticket from KLIA to Amsterdam, flying by KLM will cost around RM4200 (2 ways) per person. Wah… if the whole family are going, it will cost us a bomb. I’m just talking the air tickets alone, how about accommodation and food? Pengsan liaw……. No wonder hubby said if we plan to go Netherlands, might as well travel around other Europe countries to safe the air tickets cost. It's true also. So got to start saving big big money for my dream.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

in fact i am interested on going to Amsterdam too (since i was a teenager. Not for the flower but the architecture and interior. We always checkout these 2 things (of course the food also) everywhere we travel...
I almost meet up with Yew there (he was having busisness trip) for holiday 4 years ago... plan have to cancel because i was pregnant.:(

lil' bulb said...

Oh...too bad. Junn said how can you go there without my presence...ha ha! Perhaps we may plan to go together one day.

Anonymous said...

i suggest you to forget about your plan on going to Amsterdam to see your so called "dream garden". Y? you have just mention that the temperature is arouns 5-15 celcius and you may come back in frozen ice block. hahaha