Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bedtime Story Telling

We used to have story telling before Audrey goes to bed when she was 2 yo but nowadays this has not being carried out as frequent as last time. Audrey did complain about our laziness. So sorry my gal. With Shannen tagging along now, we gave up sometimes. She just can't be patience for a complete story telling session even I already speed up when I sensed that her concentration was low. She will then start disturbing by grabbing story book from our hand, not letting us to continue. Audrey will shout loudly towards her behaviour.

Of course once a while, we did tell story to both of them but I don't allow Audrey to pause my story telling when she got something to add on. I will only let her speak out after I've finished my task. But usually I will ended my story with "ok, the end. Time to sleep. Good night". Ha ha.... she got no chance to talk, sorry to be rude as mummy has pile of works waiting me out there.



When I'm not in the mood for story telling, we will have a role play then. Asking Audrey to do the story telling and of course her only audience will be Shannen. At the beginning you can hear Audrey was telling the story from page to page. After few pages, a loud shout will be heard from the bedroom "stop, che che not yet finish the story", next "mummy, meh meh take my book and don't allow me to continue"...... Ai yo, when only you (Shannen) will appreciate the story telling by che che, my little 'bulat'?

2 comments:

Dora said...

Kids just love mommy or daddy spending time with them no matter story telling/ role playing or others... Good job mommy!

Happy New Year 2010 to u & your family!

lil' bulb said...

It's exhausted for a working mummy ler....

Happy NEw Year to you and your family too!