Wednesday, December 23, 2009

X'mas Party

I nearly got a heart attack when Audrey told me that her school is organizing X'mas party on the night before the party. "No present, how?" I asked her. She told me to wrap anything available outside (the bedroom). "Cannot, gal", then she asked me to stop at any shop to buy present on my way home tomorrow. Finally I sneak off after lunch to Tesco to buy a present and wrapped it in my office.

In the evening, it was heavy rain out there when I picked them from baby sitter. She insisted of going to the party as I told her we might cancel the plan if the rain never stop. Just to tease her.



See how happy was my gal to mingle around her friends. Mei Mei joined them too.



Singing x'mas songs in group.



She was so happy to get a gift. Can't wait to open it and see what's inside.

It's story books, how nice! But......


We noticed the story books were old with folder mark on the edge. Worst is one of the book was being tore off (my head shaking while looking at it). Obviously Audrey has received some used story book as her x'mas present that she was looking forward the whole night. Audrey asked me why the spoilt book was given as her x'mas present?
I'm speechless.... beside having this *#%$&* feeling, from my heart I have something to say to the parents out there who prepared this gift. Hey, please be more considerate and sincere in preparing x'mas gift to the kids as we didn't ask for something expensive, 2 new pencils will keep my gal happy the whole night ........
However Audrey still want me to read her that story books before going to bed. I made a promise to her that I'll buy her new story book in our next shopping.

9 comments:

smallkucing said...

I guess the other parents just wrap "something outside" . Very bad to dissappoint a child like that

lil' bulb said...

Kathy, ya, now Audrey really received "something outside", too bad!

ILikePaperCutting said...

tell Audrey, it is ok, it is still a 'gift' from someone.

BoeyJoey said...

Wah... like that pun boleh? :-(

Wishing you and your 2 angels Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...guess my 'reject' sample is better than your x-mas gift afterall.....at least i didnt see any @#$%^ from your blog, hehehe!
anyway, happy dong zhi, merry x-mas, happy new year, happy chinese new year, happy any year and keep on happy ok!!

from,
'uncle'

lil' bulb said...

Jessica, I'm thinking so afterall.

BJ, thanks! Sama-sama ya!

Uncle S, definitely better. You too, happy 'flying' around the world ya.

sinlee said...

hahaha...that's just too bad. The person that gave that pressie must be really out of time to go buy a present...but at least dun ler give a torn book...LOL...

lil' bulb said...

SL, ya lor... so terrible! Really 'bo lat'.

Chinneeq said...

aiyo....poor gift.