Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Simple Teochew Porridge

I purposely set my alarm clock to wake up like normal working day to do my grocery marketing early morning last Saturday as I wished to keep some stock for CNY. I like to go morning market by myself, you know how tedious it could be with 2 kids tagging along, what's more under the hot sun. I try not to wake them up too early during weekend.

Since I was going to the market, might as well buy some thing to cook for lunch as we will be staying home. I was out of idea on what to cook and eat nowadays so I just cook a simple lunch for them. I got no time especially when tonne of house chores need to be done before CNY and we only have last weekend to get it done.

My version of Teochew Porridge - the simplest one but I like it so much.


No doubt its just a simple lunch, it did full up our stomach with satisfaction. (ai ya, after taking the photo only realized the porridge is missing in action.....he he)

8 comments:

smallkucing said...

And it's a very healthy lunch too :)

Gong Xi Fatt Chai!

lil' bulb said...

Ya Kathy, not only that old people used to take plain porridge everyday due to hot weather, can reduce the body heat.

I like winter melon soup too...yummy!

ILikePaperCutting said...

simple but yet delicious.

Mummy Gwen said...

Lunch is served fast and yummy. I cook simple too during lunch.

Connie said...

Simple, healthy, can fill stomach... Why not? =) Sometimes, I had simple lunch too.. Weekends mah..a lil lazy :p

Happy Chinese New Year!

JK said...

Nice! I love teochew porridge.

lil' bulb said...

Jess, I always like to prepare simple lunch, lazy mummy ma! :)

MummyGwen, time is the most crucial thing for me, so I need fast preparation food.

Connie, thanks for dropping by. He he...we have the same thinking.

Jo-N, oh you like teochew porridge too.

Anonymous said...

walao er (again)!! this is not teo chew food la...only the nuts and small fish is considered part of teo chew porridge. u should have 'ham choy', 'ham dan', tofu, and many more la. who teach u cook one? if u dunno how to cook teo chew porridge, u can send me an e-mail to me and ask me about it. u know y? the asnwer is simple la, im a pure teo chew kids! ooops, sorry....should be a Happy and Properous Teo Chew Kids.