Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Virus Attacked Audrey

That's why I don't really agreed to send Audrey to day care center at her aged below 4. However at that point of time we got no choice because my aunt (use to be my baby sitter) went for a long holidays trip during my confinement.

She was attacked by viruses quite frequent ever since she enrolled to day care center. Flu and fever for few days follow by cough which could stay for weeks. We have a hard time considering sending her back to my aunt as we just can't seeing her suffering due to illness, worst her weight was declining. However, we still stick to our plan reason being she has learnt a lot from the day care and she is more cheerful now. She can sings quite a number of songs which could entertain us sometimes.

Most important reason was I won't be receiving complaint everyday when I pick her up. Last time when she stayed with my aunt, her son used to complain about her so much. I felt so fed up listening to that everyday when I fetched her. And I think I've make the right choice.

Audrey just recovered from fever and vomiting kind of illness since last Wed. What a nightmare for us, we were having so much worried. On the third day, red rashes even appeared on her body especially her face. We brought her to doctor again. Doctor said this is called "fong mok". It comes and goes, really got no idea how to cure it. But we noticed whenever she feels hot, then the red thing appeared. However, doctor advised us if her fever doesn't go by last Sunday, she will need to go for blood test. Luckily on Monday morning, her fever gone as well as the "fong mok".

Actually another 3 of her school mates were also affected by the same virus. All of them met each other in the clinic on Wed morning. According to the principle, she suspected the virus was from another kid.

2 comments:

sinlee said...

that's y i oso have doubts to send qi to school...but....i think it's high time for her to learn to mix with other kids....

Chinneeq said...

I often hear from Seet that his son gets sick frequently too. Probably because they sleep together in the air con room?

now both my boys also very weak. always sick although staying most of the time at home. totally on breastmilk some more...sigh....