Friday, February 13, 2009

Car Lost!

It's so shocking when my friend told me this morning that our friends were being robbed yesterday night. My friends are staying at a condo in Sg.Long. I can't recall the condo name but knew their condo is facing Mahkota junction or the main road. I was told that the robber pointed out a knife to them and asked them to give all their valuable belongings (handphone, purse, wallet, car key). This happened while they were waiting lift together with their toddler son at their condo ground floor. After having the car key (I think the robber already make his plan much earlier), he drove their car away. It's a brand new Toyota Camry, white color which they just got right before CNY. First thing came across my mind, where is the security guard? Sleeping ka? My friend's block is the closer block to the guard house, why the guard didn't give rescue or do something on that? My friends were panic in the first place because after 5 years staying there, they never expect that robber nowadays is so expose and brave, some more with security guard around. Later on, I found out their security is actually not that strict as compared to others. You can easily go into the condo by telling them any no. of block and house without any further registration. The guard will then tell you not to simply park your car especially those car park with number printed on the floor. I don't know why such security services can be appointed to be "security" to look after their safety.
Do you think how many of the security providers in Malaysia are professional that they train their staff well before certify them as a security guard? What is the minimum requirement to become a professional security guard? Are we paying too little to them until they can't get someone qualify? With the no of unemployment today, can we demand higher quality services?

No comments: