Friday, April 3, 2009

Piano And Me

One day, my mum asked me whether I would like to go for piano class. The story behind was one of her friend intended to send her daughter to piano class therefore asking whether I would like to join. Since I had been given the first priority among all my sisters, of course I will be happier to say yes.

I started the class together with my friend in Yamaha Music Center which located in Kajang town. After 3 months, my friend quited. I'm not sure why but I think she doesn't like it (forced by her mum to learn). Then I have to attend the one to one class. At first I was playing pretty well, I still remember the piano teacher was an English speaking Malay lady. She has been very patience while teaching student like me as I wasn't a fast learner at that time. But because my English was so lousy, I couldn't catch 100% of her teaching and understand well. Finally I requested to change my piano teacher.

This time, the center arranged a Chinese lady to become my coach. Because of her, I gave up my piano at the end. No doubt she was using bilingual (English & Mandarin) in her coaching however she was so strict and fierce to a 10 years old girl. She will punish me and scold me if I failed to play it well. I felt so so so tension to attend her class after all. I dare not tell my mum that I wish to quit the class as my father was so kind to buy me a brand new piano. What am I suppose to do with the new piano if I quit now? However, thanks to my second sister who was my life saver. I can't recall how but she was replacing me for piano class, so I managed to quit by then.

She was learning hard and playing quite well. And she had passed her grade 7 exams many years back. Bravo!

After the incident, I dare not request mum to send me for any other classes.


3 comments:

sinlee said...

Why the sudden post on piano? U thinking of sending audrey for piano lessons is it?

lil' bulb said...

Wa, smart you!
Actually start thinking of sending her for some class. Maybe swimming is the first priority.

JK said...

That's the worrying part, to send or not to send. Nyn is attending music and movement and I can see that she enjoys it. Interest is one important factor.