Monday, March 2, 2009

Shannen Already 'Dui Shui' - Morning Part

Traditionally, we will have celebration for baby going to be one year old, I mean not only cake cutting nor birthday party but some prayer needs to be organized to express thanks to our god and to pray for the toddler as well. We call the celebration as 'dui shui' in Mandarin. The celebration was actually to officially announced that a baby now become toddler, I think so.

I'm not sure how other dialect celebrates dui shui but since I used to see how my mum celebrate it for my nieces and nephews, and my MIL got no idea how it should be organized, I'll just follow the custom for Hokkien. I won't be following all but just make it simple as we, modern parents, try not to ignore traditional way of celebrating first birthday but at the same time not to follow strictly all the rules and regulation as we also not very sure about all the rules. Most important we don't wish to screw up any good things and turn the other way round.

Yesterday, we have make simple preparation to celebrate Shannen's dui shui. After shower Shannen, put her on new dress and new shoes (gifts from Ah Ma - my mum), we started our prayer.

Daddy was helping her to wear new shoes.



Finally fully dress up. Em.... let me try new shoes.

Prayer preparation : Ang Ku, Fruits, Red Egg & Mee Shua

"Cheng Cheng" - prayed by Shannen

4 comments:

sinlee said...

so cute shannen...but y is she praying so near the altar table...the God oso cannot see her...LOL

lil' bulb said...

ha ha ha....
Maybe she wants to wisper her wishes to Kuan Ying and don't want us to hear....

Chinneeq said...

happy birthday to lil shannen! ini sin lee punya comment ah....apa la...

sinlee said...

kekeke...no mah..so cute to see her kneeling so near to the altar table....;)