Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shopping Fever

What will you and your family be doing during weekend? For us, usually we will plan for shopping. Otherwise we will just stay home enjoying our "home theater" movie. So last 2 weeks we were reviewing our usual plan and found what we have done for the past were not really healthy.

Window shopping was not an ideal things to do when you are free. The only benefit from shopping that I could see is updating ourselves with the latest products in the market. Other than that, I don't see any good reason for doing so. Oh....one more one more, we got free air-cond hence can save our electricity at home. No joke, during hot day, you will see more people mingle around in the shopping mall.

Disadvantages of loafing at shopping mall:
a. not only torturing ourselves but our kids as well. Can't sleep well therefore feel tiring for kids.

b. bad air ventilation

c. dry skin if you stay in air-cond room for long hours.

d. no chance to have outdoor activities

e. therefore less opportunity to engage with natural things like tree, leaves, birds, sky, etc

f. tendency to spend more

To be frank, I'm addicted to shopping ever since I developed my own buying power. However I admitted that I'm also good in controlling my self when comes to decision making for a deal. I'm kind of a person who will worry from A or Z whether I've made a wrong choice. I feel so sorry to spend on unnecessary stuff which at the end will took up my storage space and worst still, need to throw them away after years of keeping. I rather spend those money on something in need. Am I stingy or in better word wise consumer? Who cares ..... as long as I'm happy spending my hard earned money on what I like, right?

P/S : We went for window shopping again yesterday...... Huh, hubby la, kept on teasing me to go for shopping, all his fault. Luckily I didn't spend a single penny.

5 comments:

sinlee said...

ooh...i missed going to shopping malls...with the current 'pace' in our new house, we have no chance to bring the kids shopping. The only place we bring them with air cond is only CARREFOUR...cos need to buy everyday stuff lor....can't wait till the house is ready and everything is settled......;)

lil' bulb said...

But I thought you got to shop for your new house. A lot of things to buy, right?

sinlee said...

now it's the part of moving the things over...the shopping part all completed liao lar....;)

Chinneeq said...

shall we plan a park visit + breakfast again one of these days? I miss those days when we were having fun at our playgroup.

lil' bulb said...

okie okie.... you organize la, can ar?