Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our Mirror

To educate a child is something that we didn't learn during our school time. Therefore attending seminar on how to educate child might help us a lot. But I never attend once due to the venue always at KL area, time not appropriate and kids are not allowed to attend.
Many of us especially during our teenage period, tend to complain about our parents for not being as good as others. We even hate them for being love to scold us for whatever reason.
Looking at myself as a mother of two now, I realized I'm not that good as well. One day, my girls might be complaining about me too. I did scold them when they make me angry and canned (Audrey) when she shouted at me.
To be frank, I could see 'myself ' from the kid's attitude and behaviour. It's just like a 'mirror', reflecting what you do, say and act. I'm still trying to control my EQ so that they can control their emotion better as they grow.
There was one night whereby Audrey made me angry again. I just told her off for not being a good girl and went to shower to cold myself down. Half way during my bath, she knocked my washroom door and said "sorry la mummy, ok?". I replied her "ok, you are good girl hor...". While replying her, I totally forget about my anger.
In my heart, I could find her now is more mature and understanding. She will admit her mistake and apologize when needed to do so.
I think you must heard about this before "you will get what you plant today".... I would like to translate it into "they will behave how you behave today".

1 comment:

JK said...

So true!!! They talk and act like us!