Monday, June 22, 2009

Unforgettable Day - 5th June 2009

No doubt I knew it much earlier, but still the official announcement fell on this date. Our MD and 2 others VP came and made announcement of closing down the plant in front of all the employee at about 3.10pm.

Everyone looked calm after being notified and it's within my expectation. But 3 of them (MD & VPs) looked a bit nervous and worried if workers can't accept the decision made by the board. Their worried are too much. Our workers are very timid and not outspoken especially facing "mat salleh". Of course, heroin is out there to speak on their behalf. But you need strong and collective response to make something miracle happen.

I could see some sad faces around. But due to the rumors went around before hand, no surprises for everyone when official announcement being released. One thing I noticed was when the shut down being announced followed by the severance package, no one could actually fight for reason of shutting down. I think the package has keep their mouth shut. Of course management did explained the reason was due to economic slow down that make us suffer but all the while we are doing well except for Q1'09 which recorded negative margin. We just couldn't understand the future vision the board have in mind.

After the gathering, some of the crews (ladies operator) who already been working here for at least 15 years cried out from their heart. They have hard feeling to close the factory.

How do I feel? After 9 years and 9 months working with this company, I never aspect this will be the 'ending' for her. When think of the effort we have put in the past years to make the company become profitable, and all this will soon turn to ash in another 6 months, my heart feels pain.

My plan? Em.....aggressively searching job now. Wish me luck.

tesa slogan : Says 'yes' to tesa........but why tesa says 'no' to us now? :(

3 comments:

Chinneeq said...

how about joining me, and become a SAHM, watching your kids grow at home?

sinlee said...

well, I guess you are prepared for it dy...so, when will ur last day be?

like this, our bangkok trip is off?

chin nee, i really salute you for being able to become a SAHM. I don't think I'm cut out to do that. I think I will go crazy in no time....

lil' bulb said...

M2Qi : I'm the mummy I'm the maid, right? Can meh?

SL : Official date still unknown but if I got job already, I can request to leave earlier. If end of this year no more H1N1, we proceed our plan. By that time, I might be jobless. So free for jalan-jalan.