Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My 'King Of Fruits'

I've been eating a lot of durian past 2 weeks. This has broken my past 10 years record of eating durian. Due to the itch skin problem, I have been suffering from having only very little durian or sometime forcing myself not to take any. If you too a durian lover, you will know how suffer I'm to see people enjoying it while I could only smell it..... :(

This durian season really kills me. I'm so tempted to eat and eat. Totally forget about the itchness and enjoyed fully the joyful of durian moment. Hubby also never stopped me from eating durian this time, maybe he forgotten to do so..... he he I just pretended nothing happen.

We got many free durian from my colleague, Wee this year. How can I reject it! I feel so grateful to have her as my F.O.C durian supplier. Yesterday, my BIL took another 2 durians for us, it's from Batang Kali, species unknown. Will enjoy it tonight......


'Red scrimp' durian has no flesh in the middle when you open up. The flesh is more orangey as compared to normal species while the aroma smell is also stronger.



P/S : Kesian Wee, she doesn't like durian at all and doesn't even can stand the smell yet she got to bring it over for us so many times. Thank you so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now days, people only remember what's in front of them but never realize what's the story behind all the things that happen. They only know who brought the durian to them without realizing who is the one who go pick the durian at farm. It's not easy cuz u need to deal with mosquito, bees, squirrel, ants and of course wild animal like bear, tiger and snake. Hhmmm, these kind of mindset need to be replaced with a new one and girls are always girls. They always see their good things from their species and never mention about guys. Too sad....to sadddd...

lil' bulb said...

Ok la, so next time you send it over to us la, we will bow and salute you, k?