Thursday, November 19, 2009

Farewell Dinner

I’m busy these few days for our Farewell Dinner preparation. Yup, this will be the last dinner held by company even though they have postponed the official closure to end of Feb next year. As people will start leaving company end of next month, management decided to held it tomorrow night.

The budget for this dinner is only 1/3 of previous years allocation, we are so disappointed but still wish to make it as great as it could. No lucky draw but a good value of lucky dips will be organized this time. We used to have lucky draw and lucky dips concurrently last time, but since I never have chance to be the luckiest one all these while, it makes no different for me ..... :P

My colleague passed me a copy of Auld Lang Syne lyrics yesterday and asked all committee to practise singing it. I remember singing this song twice in my whole life. First time during my primary school (Std Six) graduation ceremony and second time during secondary school (Form 5) graduation ceremony. And tomorrow night will be my third time singing this song, haiiiiiii........ I don't actually like this song, it makes me feel so hard to say goodbye to everyone.

Will post more after tomorrow night dinner.

4 comments:

smallkucing said...

Farewell...so sad. As for lucky draws, my company used to ask our suppliers or associates to sponsor

lil' bulb said...

SmallKucing, with the company closing down news, amount of gifts contributed from supplier also dropped....:(

Lee said...

Hi Lil'bulb, who will be giving the farewell speeches? Ha ha.
You have a pretty daughter...bet she got her good looks from her mom.
You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart, Lee.
ps, check out that song, 'Now is the hour'....(for us to say goodbye...)

lil' bulb said...

Hi Uncle Lee, thanks for dropping by. My tail is moving left and right now... ha ha!