Monday, December 21, 2009

Exhausted Weeks Gone...

Finally our exhausted weeks have ended yesterday. Shannen was down with cough 2 months ago then runny nose and high fever last 2 weeks. I was so much worried that the fever might be caused by lungs infection. Luckily it was not.
She was so much cranky and crying so often for just a little thing. Both of us surrendered and kept on reminding each other to be patience as we almost smack her due to her unbearable demand. We have few sleepless night as she was crying middle of the night for no reason..... tension!

Feeding her medicine was another nightmare and challenge for us. How I wish in the near future, with human intelligence and technologies, oral medicine can be transformed into vapor form of medicine especially medicine meant for toddler. Just inhale the medicine for few seconds will be good enough like having 3 x 3.5ml of liquid medicine. No headache, no yelling, no screaming, no crying, I think both mummy and sick baby need this new invention.
Right after the high fever gone, her body was full with red rashes now. At first I thought it was an allergic reaction due to antibiotic but doctor confirmed its kind of virus infection named Measles. And the funny part was he told me the measles was 'fake' type, in Chinese we called it 假麻疹. Since the virus has to run its full course thus no oral medication will be given. However he gave us some liquid medicine to apply on her body to soothe her itchiness. Poor gal, she has been suffering a lot.

She still gave full cooperation for photo taking.
Hopefully we can have a blessed Christmas and New Year celebrations after all this.

4 comments:

smallkucing said...

kesian her...too heaty is it? Can try barley?

Unknown said...

buddy, u consider lucky already as your hubby was with you all the time when she wasn't feeling well.
I can still remember when Junn was having the same thing (high fever + German Measeal) for a week+, my hubby was in Japan for a business trip throughtout the whole period!
I am sure you can imagine how difficult it was for me...
Anyway, make sure she drinks more fluid, and 'leong cha' helps too.

lil' bulb said...

Kathy, yes, her body was too heaty.

Jay, is your blog ready? That's why I always claim tt you are a super mummy. If I were you, I 'pengsan' long time ago.

Unknown said...

Buddy, it is not that i am super but have no choice; it is not that you cant, but you don't have to...

Blog? no, haven't even take my 1st step... lasy lah...