Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Job Fair (16 - 18 Apr'2010)

We went to Job Fair last Friday, 1st day of the fair. Thought of avoiding crowd during weekend and also thought early bird like us will definitely catch a 'fat' worm. Mana tau the moment we reached (sharped at 10am), we saw people everywhere at the convention hall. A long queue already being formed for those who already registered online. And those who are yet to register, they got to fill up the form at another counter before checking in.

I'm not sure the purpose of 'checking in' to the fair which had created human jammed at the entrance. So I asked one of the event organizer crew who were helping to view the sms confirmation code and gave a sticker to paste on before entering the hall. But too bad, I still don't get him.

There were over 100 companies participated and set up their booth at the fair. I was happily going through booth by booth, checking with the staff for job opportunities. Hmmmm...... I would say the vacancies are mostly for field like engineering, finance & accounting, HR, sales & marketing. Oh no, I hardly find a company that are looking for procurement/purchasing, planning position &#@%. What a disappointment fair to me! Haizzzzz.......

However I just dropped in my CV to those company that I wish to work for, hoping they will still remember to call me when their are suitable vacancy in the future.

Finally early birds like us brought back some free gifts like bag, notepad, high quality ball pen, post it note, kiwi shoes polisher & disposable hand glove too .... ha ha.

6 comments:

Serene said...

I was working in procurement/ sourcing field too before become a SAHM. Wish you good luck in your job hunting!

Mummy Gwen said...

Hope they call you for interview soon. ;)

lil' bulb said...

Serene, really? So now you become "xiu lai lai" already la....thanks!

MGwen, Thanks! I'm praying everyday now.

mNhL said...

Looking for a job? Have you tried Jobstreet, JenJobs.com??? I think there are a few, but I'm not too familiar. Good luck on your job hunting. By the way, try this website http://www.jobless.com.my/

Reanaclaire said...

oh..never been to a job fair before.. got free gifts some more.. hope u can get the job u wanted.. :)

lil' bulb said...

mNhL, ya, have been hunting jobs for few months d. Ok, will try on 'jobless' too.

Claire, hi! Thanks for dropping by. I wish I could get one soon.