Thursday, April 22, 2010

Child Abuse.....?

I received call from my baby sitter yesterday morning saying that my little gal fell down in the toilet. I was panic as I thought it must be serious that made her to called me immediately. After talking to her asking how she fell and how serious was her injury, I was kind of relief when she told me the edge of her left eye was a little bruised. No cut, no bleeding. Phiew......

How she could fell inside toilet? Auntie told me Shannen purged her milk therefore she carried her to the toilet and she went out to fetch some hot water to shower her. So most probably she fell due to the floor slippery when she walked inside the toilet by herself. She knocked on the edge of the water pail. So immediately auntie used hot towel to soothe her pain and swollen.



I got a shocked to see my gal's eye got swollen and red. Just like being punched by someone. Do you think it looks like those child abuse photo publish in the newspaper. Oh... my poor little gal.


To really make sure that she fell down by her own and to stop my imagination of her being abused, I interviewed her how she got injured. She told me (in Cantonese) , "em siu sam lor (careless lor) ...... hang hang hang (walk walk walk), tit tou (fell down), kok tou lor (and knocked). Daddy got a big shocked too when he saw his dearest gal with swollen eye. He took out OSIM's instant heat compress soothing gel to remove the bruised.

I don't know why this gal of mine suffered so much of pain from falling down. She have fallen from our bed when she was just 4 months old. In her aged of 7 months, she already had 5 times fallen down from our bed record. We took preventive action from one fell to another, but somehow we failed to stop her from falling.

We named her 'big sweet potato'. She easily fell when she runs, maybe due to her careless and weak stamina. You know, she fell and injured her teeth and lips twice last month, bleeding of course. Ai yo.... we thought of wrapping her with some protective cloth or put helmet on her at home to safe guard.

Mummy will pray for you and hope you will become healthy and free from pain from now on.

13 comments:

BoeyJoey said...

So swollen... adui, I see also sum tong. But look at the bright side, luckily didn't hit the eye. Speedy recovery to Shannen!

About falling off the bed, why not put up rails to prevent her from falling? Or line foam pads (the ABC suqare ones) around the bed? In case she falls again, the foam pads will help lessen the momentum. Hope she doesn't fall down so easily anymore :-)

lil' bulb said...

Hi BJ, very 'sum tong' ler.... thanks for your greats suggestions.

smallkucing said...

Adoi...very painful. Toilet is a dangerous place. I fell before. Deep cut behind my ears . Had to see doctor.

Hope girl girl eyes will be better soon. Try buy the gel/cream call Abruzzy. When he got "bungalow" i put that for him. The "bungalow" disappear very fast

mNhL said...

Oh Dear!!!! Her eye!!!

When my boy had bruises, I also interview him just to see if his story justify his bruises or not. haha....kid at this age will tell nothing but the truth.

My girl also sweet potatoes le... fell down easily and knock here and there. Sometimes, walking also she fell down. Hope your girl girl's eye recovered soon.

lil' bulb said...

Kathy, Abruzzy? ok, will go buy one to 'jaga pintu'.

mNhL, but we found she is still too young to tell the truth story. She is getting better now. Thanks.

Reanaclaire said...

my goodness..that was not a small scratch.. did u take her to see doc? maybe warp up a hard boil egg and slowly dap dap on the sore.. she looks like of sad...
anyway, elderly ppl always say, dont fall means cannot grow.. hahaa... dont know how much is true

last time my son fell down the drain and needed 4 stitches above the eye.. thank God!! KIDSSS!!!!

Mummy Gwen said...

Aiyo..poor Shannen. The toilet is very slippery...must not leave them alone in the toilet.

Hope she is getting better now. Take care.

lil' bulb said...

Claire, I didn't bring her to doc as we are sure it doesn't hurt her eye. Kids really make us worry.

MGwen, ya lor... we adult also tend to slip sometimes.

Everyday Healy said...

Poor girl! That looks really painful. Get well soon, my dear.

Anyway, I think falling is quite common among kids. Elizabeth always knock her head too. Ha!

lil' bulb said...

Everyday Healy, painful for her body but painful also in our heart.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Poor girl... it looks like a very hard knock. Hope she has totally recovered by now. Chloe is also quite clumsy at times too. Walking slowly also can trip and fall sometimes *shake head*

Alice Law said...

At 1st, I was thought she was tortured by her babysitter...lol!
Poor girl, wish she get well soon!

lil' bulb said...

ChloeRuoyi, exactly like my gal too. Walk slow also can trip and fall.

Hi Alice, thanks for dropping by. Frankly, until now I'm still not 100% convinced that she fell by her own, but what to do....