Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Housekeeping Habit

I must praised my 5 years old girl this time for having a good habit to house keep her bookshelf on and off. Her daddy always claimed that her good habit is inherited from her mummy, er hem.... adjusting my shirt's collar :P .

Ever since I was young (primary schooling age), I already helped out my mum on daily house chores. Floor sweeping & mopping, window glass cleaning, hang washed clothes, clean up dishes and etc. But I'm lucky to have 3 elder sisters whom will take up most of the tough house chores and left some simple one for me. But I got to absorb the work slowly when they get married one by one ..... sob* sob*

Audrey even said I'm like 'Cinderella', not that I will be granted a nice evening gown nor glass shoes from a fairy. It's simply because she saw me doing so many house work while herself and mei mei are like step sister to Cinderella, relaxing on sofa for cartoon. Ha ha......

However I find it quite important to train our children to 'love' doing house chores when they are young. At what age do you think it's a good start to train them? To me, I think as soon as they start messing up our living room with their toys, they should be taught to keep the toys for next play. Audrey does a good job most of the time after each play unlike her mei mei who hardly keep her toys. In fact we got headache to train Shannen to keep her toys.

Audrey also starts helping me to fold her own clothes (upon my request), wash non greasiness dishes when I'm busy cooking or baking and keep empty containers inside cabinet. She is my good helper sometimes.


Audrey snapped this photo of her 'after house keep bookshelf' and proudly show it to me. I gave her a thumb up sign and praised her good girl.

Shannen could sense that I'm complaining her in this blog. When I'm done with this post, she took out the floor mop and told me that she wants to mop the floor. Ha ha .... look at her... *head shaking*!

6 comments:

Alice Law said...

You have such a sweet little handy helper at home! You must be really proud of her!

Have a nice day to you!

lil' bulb said...

Hi Alice, ya I have one helper and one destroyer too.... ha ha!

Serene said...

Good job Audrey!! Mummy so proud of you... Ya, it's better start training them to do house chores as earlier as possible, to build up the good habit. I can see her book shelf is so neat!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Yes, it's good to train from young. Good job, Audrey!
I've been training C since she was a baby cos I'm a neat-freak who can't stand the sight of mess (or dirt). However, this girl... she has her moods. Sometimes she'll help clean up everything nicely without being told, sometimes she just doesn't bother at all :(

Mummy Gwen said...

Audrey is such a helpful daughter. Yes, we should train the kids to do housework from young.

Gwen is not cooperative in this matter. She is reluctant to tidy up her toys when I tell her to but she likes washing dishes coz can play with water. *sigh*

smallkucing said...

Good training. Must train when they are young :D