Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm A Lazy Staff

Working at a far distance from home wasn't easy, what's more for a women with family (especially with 2 demanding girls). Actually I was prepared for that after spoken to hubby before we agreed to accept the job. I'm grateful as he is fully supporting me to take up the challenge by voluntarily sending Audrey to kinder garden and Shannen to babysitter on his way to work. Therefore he has been late to work for the past week. Maybe start next week, I shall be sending Shannen early morning to babysitter so that it could save some time for him.

Working in a big company wasn't easy. It may takes you years to know every colleagues even though we are under the same roof for 9 hours per day. My department colleagues work very late almost everyday, they work until 8-9pm and some of them even come back on Saturday. I feel like an 'alien' while walking out from the office after working hours. Ha ha ha..... But I don't care, I also need my personal time for myself and my family. What a bad discipline employee am I, ..... don't let my boss know I'm a lazy staff!

6 comments:

smallkucing said...

Gosh..i hope you have an understanding boss. The place where I used to works before frown at staffs going home earlier than the boss. Appraisal time will kena. So cham de. sob sob

Zooropa said...

It's good to get hubby's support & he sends the girls too :-) You're not lazy... as long as u 've done your job of the day, it shouldn't be any prob!

Dora

JK said...

I would say you are efficient, finishing your work during office hours. To me, those who stayed back means they cannot manage their work and they have to take a longer period compared to the others to finish the same work load. Off course, unless they are given more tasks than the others, then, that's a different story.

Unknown said...

Buddy, I fully understand how u feel... I used to went back home on time too after I have my son. Eventhough i can still manage my workload perfectly, but trust me, u will feel the pressure (eventhough u dont care)after a couple of weeks/ months. U will start hearing some 'nonsense' or gossip or... all the things that u do not want to hear.

So, not sure whether this is a good advice - start looking for another job that is closer to your house lah!

mNhL said...

Work and family matters should be seperated. You are definately not lazy in term of this. After office hour, sure have to go home. As long as you completed your responsibilities. After I have my 2kids, I don't like OT too.

JK said...

SW, what's your email add?