Monday, June 21, 2010

My New Working Life Starts Today

Not working for almost 4 months, I truly enjoyed being a full time housewife so far. Fully understood now why some of my friends could stay away from work but still find their life full of excitement.

Today marks the 1st day of another working journey in my life. I'm nervous but excited and happy as finally I was being hired again.... yahoo!

This is my 3rd company I'll be working for after graduated 11 years ago. Don't you think I'm a loyal employee? Hem hem....actually I'm lazy to find new job and don't really like to start all over again in a new environment.

I never ever think that I could travel so far from home to work at this new place which takes at least 40 minutes to reach by paying expensive toll fares and sometime it could take me 1.5 hours one way during bad traffic time.

I told hubby for so many years we were lucky as my previous company was not very far from home and due to advantages of reverse traffic that have saved my traveling time, I was the one responsible to send and pick up our daughters without him rushing back home from work. Stress release for him.

It's time to change the job routine since my new working place is far as compared to his office now. Hopefully we could manage to adjust our timing and reach home in time to fetch our daughters by either one of us. Another headache will be our dinner. No more home cook meals by then. Maybe need to cater or just 'ta pau' (take away) from food stall, at least for the first month.

Who dare say it's not difficult to be a working housewife, a working mother of 2 kids, a working women for a family....... Don't you think you guys are the luckiest man at home?

9 comments:

Zooropa said...

I find men (generally) is a kind of creature who doesn't know much to appreciate, hehehe...

Hey, hope everything going well on your 1st day of new job :-)

Dora

Reanaclaire said...

yes, men are the blessed lot! lol...

Alice Law said...

Agreed with my thumbs and toes up! Guys are way to lucky compared to women! When they come back from work, they would either play with the kids or watching TV and enjoying dinner, but we as women still have to mess with the house chores and kids!T-T

A wonderful day to you! All the best for your undertaking!

Serene said...

First of all, congratulation for getting a new job!! yes... mother is always the best!

ChloeRuoyi said...

Hey, same here, I also graduated in 1999 :) But I think I'm even more loyal than you. I've only worked in 1 company since graduation, for 8 years! I quit my job in 2007 to be Chloe's fulltime mummy until now.

Enjoy your new job! :)

mNhL said...

Congrats on the new job.

Men are really lucky. Always being pampared by us, the wifey. hehe

lil' bulb said...

Wondering what & how they (all the man out there) feel if they read all our comments here.... ha ha!

UmmiRosma said...

Yea...I couldnt agree more!

We are facing almost the same experience dear. Im maidless...a teacher...a mommy...a wifey...a cook...etc..etc...


Best of luck *hugs*

lil' bulb said...

UmmiRosma, thanks!