Friday, July 3, 2009

Durian Farm

I'm a durian lover. During our childhood, we used to eat durian day and night when the season started. Have you ever try "durian rice"? Em.....the taste still fresh in my memory. I remember that time, D24 is the best durian that you can find. But today there are lots more good durian out there. Most of it was mixed result with seed from durian trees. For instance, durian cultivars like 'red shrimp' and 'bamboo leg' are those top species with superior quality of flesh and of course it fetch higher prices in market .
This was the first time I've been so close to durian tree. All the while I only managed to sight it from far (there are few durian trees along the Cheras Kajang highway) and never got chance to stand close to it. So on last Saturday, I requested my colleague (Ms.Wee and her 'leng cai' hubby) to bring us to her's cousin brother durian farm located at Broga.

Broga is a very small town near Semenyih. There are a lot of durian farms around. Many outsiders come all the way to Broga for durian, hill climbing and also to visit and pai-pai 'Dato Shek Temple'. Ever since the relocation of Nottingham University to Broga, it has brought up the livelihood of the town.

Father and Mum were taking risk standing under durian tree..........better watch out.


These 2 little gals were glad to be there too.


Durians hanging on the branch. When it's going to drop??


Besides durian tree, I have the pleasure to see rubber tree too. Mother even commented the rubber tapping skills was not as good as hers. This can be seen from the incised tree. The tapped vessel was very rough.



Latex was being collected into a small bucket.

To me, it has been a fruitful visit. Of course we will not go back with 2 empty hands. My car was full of durian. Beside bringing back our order of 'red shrimp', we were also brought back some F.O.C durian from Wee & Steve. Thanks a lot!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

siaw weiiiiii....how come i didn't see my photo? i thought you did take a candid shot on me...hehehe!

lil' bulb said...

Dare not post the photo which doesn't show the 100% handsome look of you, worried you will claim me for spoiling your image.

Unknown said...

Hi, may I know this durian farm location? And do this durian farm has 'air nipah'?