Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yahoo! Grabbed 4 free tickets!

I knew the internet connection to Air Asia website will be hundred time slower or even stay tuned once the news of free one million air ticket being released 2 days ago. But I was still lured to join the crowd as I wish to get some sponsor for my dream destination, Bangkok.

I've being trying to search for date to Bangkok ever since yesterday morning (working while surfing or the other way round... :P), but don't even got chance to go further after choosing the destination. A bit disappointed. So after reached home, I immediately sat in front of hubby's computer to try my luck again.

With my patience, finally I managed to grabbed 4 free air tickets to Bangkok next year. We paid total RM572 for 4 tickets and the cost includes airport tax, charges for luggage up to 15kg, goinsure premium and something call 'convenience fee' which is new to me. Air Asia is introducing new cost to the customer in order to compensate the admin fee and fuel charges they had waived some months back???

Ok, back to this 'convenience fee', what does it mean actually? If not mistaken, it was explained that it is the fee incurred due to the conveniences that you get when you book and pay air ticket online. But I still don't understand nor agree why we need to pay for "conveniences".

However, the total cost is still very much lower. We could save up to nearly RM700 if compare to normal low fare tickets. Yahooooo! :)

Ops, let me tell you, all these 4 tickets are not going to fly 4 of us for a holidays next year. They are for my parents, my sister and myself. Ha ha..... we are going to explore Bangkok with two old folks. Hubby doesn't like to go Bangkok. He is still thinking that Bangkok is a place for "shopping kaki" only. I'm gonna prove him wrong after my trip there. He he!

3 comments:

BoeyJoey said...

Bangkok is sure a shopping paradise... make sure you go to Chachucak market!

If your hubby likes historic places, their national mesuem is very impressive. And there's many palaces and temples to go as well. Food is also heaven :-P

REmember to blog about it after you come back from your trip next year! :-)

lil' bulb said...

Wah.... sounds greats. Thanks for your recommendation, BJ!

Chinneeq said...

wah...throw all kids to your hb alone ah? so lucky u!