Friday, March 12, 2010

SAHM, Me?

Never ever thought of being a SAHM after so many years of study as people always claimed it a waste to just staying at home, looking after kids, spending every half day in kitchen. What say you?

I will not quote it as a 'waste' because I see that as a way of showing how financially stable or rich a husband is, that allow you not to work forever. I'm referring this to SAHM out there but not for my case ya.... I'm still eagerly looking for new job, be it part time or permanent job.....:P
A few of my friends were not working but taking care of their own kids at home. One of them told me, "can survive, as long as you are not a big spender". "Really?" thinking in my heart. I'm not a big spender but also not small, so how? He he he....

Many possibility & concerned came across my mind before and after I stopped working. Where can I be after this? How long it takes me to get a new job? Do I want to be a SAHM in long term? Can I run some online business (this is the most headache question that I keep on asking myself as I got no idea what to sell)? Anyone can recommend a good fortune teller so that I know what to do and where to head on?

8 comments:

Chinneeq said...

well, we all were big spender when we have our salary those days. So its time to change, and it is common that we take a long time to adapt.

Haha...can understand your concern in yur future. Just walk down the journey and you will soon see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

sinlee said...

hey...wat business u doing? wanna invest can ar? then at least next time can oso think bout quiting my job...kekekkee...

Unknown said...

well, both of us always spend on things that we need not what we want...it doesn't change much eventhough we are leaving in another country and i am a full time mum right now.
Ya, some people said it is a waste to stay at home just doing all the 'mundane' things in ourlives, but buddy, if you see it from another perspective (as a mum, as your kids...),you will have a different finding!

Honestly speaking, i am still hoping so so much to get back to my industry as i really like what i was doing (designing), having some personal time etc. But, i know this is not the time yet... maybe another 2-3 more years.
Spending every moment with my son, i see him grow and cherish every moment when he takes a new step. I guess i never miss any special second/ minutes in his life. Things like this we can't buy with money but the time that we have.

I have read an article before, "you can never get back and miss your child's most important years in their life (0-3yo)... but u can still build up your career anytime u like."

Being a full time home maker or a working mum both are good, it is just about what u want, and all about gives and takes!
No worry about finding a job, take your time and you will get a good one when the time is right!

lil' bulb said...

CN, feel so "kek sim" as need to think twice before taking out money from pocket now.... :(
But our date to Susan's cafe still on ya... ha ha!

SL, no idea yet. How about you?

Jay, thanks for your precise advice. Will not rush for a new job, leave it to God. Maybe I'm more money minded, tend to earn as much as possible when I'm still capable. So we both "jia you", k!

Mummy Gwen said...

I'm happy being a SAHM. No stress from work..haha. It's not easy for me to find a job after not working for so many years.

lil' bulb said...

Mummy Gwen, ya stress-less from work. Perhaps Gwen is easy to be taking care too.

UmmiRosma said...

I wish my hubby can support me...I prefer to stay at home and watch them grow...but....I have to work...

Anyway, u can try the online biz...nothing is impossible of there is determination sweetie!

Caca said...

a senior high post lady colleague once told me: there is no such thing as balance between work and family. You can only chose one to focus. You have to put your family aside if you chose to grow your career. And don't expect promotion if you preferred to spend most of your time with your family. I truly understand the meaning of it after having 2 kids.