Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We celebrated this last month

(Back back back ..... dated post)

Pai seh, I missed this out last month. I'm a pure Hokkien therefore on the eve of the 8th day of CNY, we will celebrate 'Pai Tien Kong'. It is the biggest event and a very important celebration for us during CNY. No doubt hubby is not a Hokkien but we do celebrate this special day each year at my mum house. We just pray for a better year for us each time.

This year was rather special as my brother has invited 2 lions dance to perform on that night, right after prayer ceremony. We were so excited waiting for that as all of us are lion dance's fans. Both my girls like to watch lion dance even though both of them feel frightened of it. They watched with both hand closing their ears.


Shannen & Audrey playing the firecrackers happily. 2 full tables of foods for prayer. All prepared by mum except the 'roasted pig'.



Before the dance started, my girls were brave enough to stand beside the lion head for photo.



The whole dance show took more than 30 minutes. Excellent dance!

After the prayer, as usual we will gather to enjoy the fresh roasted pig.... it's really yummy, the meat still warm and juicy! We reached home around 2am and both the girls already slept soundly inside the car. They were too tired. This was how we celebrated our/Hokkien new year 2010.

5 comments:

mNhL said...

I'm a Hokkien lang too. Gosh! Your celebration is really GRAND! Both my in law and my own parent's home,we only pray simple simple. haha... and the lion dance show for 30 min is really long.

lil' bulb said...

Hi mNhL, oh we are ka ki lang...ha ha ha!

smallkucing said...

I love Lion dance...wow..you got TWO Lions! Am so jealous

lil' bulb said...

Kathy, u lion dance lover too?

Mummy Gwen said...

Wah...got big roasted pig some more. Very grand. I'm not a Hokkien. I didn't know the prayers are so big scale.

Your girls are so brave...taking pics with the lions. Gwen loves lion dance but only managed to watch it once at KLIA when we came back from Jakarta for CNY..haha..of all the places.